The Experience of a Brand New High School in 2023

By Charlie Bennett

Credit: OPN Architects

Being a high schooler in today’s society presents many new long-term advantages. As a current student at Ames High School, I can confidently say that modern teaching and technology have provided me with many advantages that earlier generations did not possess.

For example, Ames has just recently finished up its brand new high school, with top-of-the-line learning equipment and technology. Understandably, this delivers a phenomenal environment for me to efficiently learn and be a good student. Ames utilizes personal computers for students, as well as brand-new projectors for lectures. These tools provide myself, and my peers with access to unbelievable amounts of tools for education. I have been able to do individualistic research for class and my interests. Ames’ technology has made me a better and more efficient student. 

Additionally, modern education and practices make learning much more efficient and useful for students’ futures. In the past, many students were taught false information and topics that would be considered heavily offensive and wrong today.

A part of Ames that makes our education so special is our diversity and openness to all. Ames is home to a wide variety of cultures, people, sexual orientations, and interests; because of this, I am surrounded by many different perspectives on life. As a white male, it can be difficult for me to grasp certain views on controversial topics; having so many different types of people to share their perspectives in our school really helps me develop extremely well-rounded viewpoints in life.

To add to Ames’ progressiveness, I’ve experienced some extremely eye-opening topics. For example, to be able to learn about racism, sexism, activism, social justice, and much more has given me a great opportunity to develop modern viewpoints and a good perspective on relevant topics and issues. 

Lastly, being a student in high school right now can truly be a fun time. To have freedom in school, see friends, and participate in sports and clubs, all create an extremely positive and fun environment to learn in. Personally, my involvement in track, cross country, and basketball has brought me many new, close friends and countless fun memories. In addition, these activities have taught me to be a more dedicated, better person.

All in all, Ames High has given me a truly special learning environment, as well as many social opportunities.

https://opnarchitects.com/portfolio/ames-high-school/

One thought on “The Experience of a Brand New High School in 2023”

1. P: This is very well written, it is well organized and seems like a very experienced professional wrote it.
    Q: How do these new advancements and technology help you in your future?
    P: I think you could elaborate when talking about false information and topics that have been taught in the past.